Thursday, July 2, 2015

translucentbrownsugar Instagram : Loving myself more is a journey I'll be on forever. Throwin' it back to when I was baking in tanning beds at least twice a week. Wherever I was in the world- I WOULD FIND ONE. I used bronzer as foundation, and spray tanned sometimes too. Whatever I could do to achieve that deep golden tan that I so badly wanted (especially when I had black hair). Lately I've been really embracing my naturally #pale complexion. Cellulite and other "imperfections" are more visible, but... that's what water and workouts are for. I can feel good about doing my skin the favor of staying out of the tanning beds and protecting myself in the sun. Also, up until 2 years ago, I always wore extensions. Sew- ins, clip- ins, braid-ins, individuals. I've done em all. Mind you, I was blessed with a great head of hair. Thick and strong. I decided to give my head a damn break. I've been on crash diets, HCG injections and a 500 calorie a day plan (at 18,19 years old) from over-zealous nutritionists, avoided carbs, fruit, blah blah blah. I was told at a size 4 that I was fat by people I was working with. This broke my spirit and naturally created a complex within me. The bottom line is, we are inundated with "information" from the media and industries and people around us that make us feel that we are less than. Not enough. Or too much. We need this- or that- to be beautiful. Desirable. That we need to live up to a certain standard. I have definitely fallen victim to it, being a young woman, and growing up in the industry. Well at 24, I'm saying FUCK THAT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every woman should, in my opinion, define and adhere to her OWN STANDARD OF BEAUTY. Short, tall, thick, thin, pale, dark, clear- skinned, acne-prone, short-haired, no-haired, long- haired, "femme", "masculine", etc etc. Please believe, I am the first to admit that it is easier said than done. It's a day by day thing. But in having honest open vulnerable conversations with my girlfriends about body image and health, we are all makin progress together. And having FUN with the bodies we were given and treating them kindly. I know this was a bit of a ramble, but it was on my mind and I wanted to share. I Love you. Love, me. - July 03, 2015 at 01:09AM

View hot Instagram pics by translucentbrownsugar - July 03, 2015 at 01:09AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts